Saturday, November 04, 2006

Jello baths, pig, Cancun

James and I experienced a new restaurant that everyone must try: Bamboo Grove. One of my fellow student teachers at Ockley Green is Hawaiian and he said it was "the best restaurant" he'd ever been to, as far as authentic Hawaiian fare and atmosphere is concerned. It really was fantastic. James and discovered that even when we want to, we just can't eat as much in one meal as we used to--we get stuffed! So, today's lunch: grilled luau-style Kahlua pork sandwiches. (For those of you who have never had luau-style pig--it's terrific! They dig a pit in the sand and line it with banana leaves and slowly roast an entire pig for the whole day. Bamboo Grove offers it only on Friday, because it's such a process to make!) MMMmmmm!

Toby isn't feeling very well today. I think he got into something last night he shouldn't have, and his little tummy is upset. He won't even beg for food. Poor little guy!

Emily and Keith are in labor! Little Neaman will be here any minute!! We're getting periodic updates on her blog. First update: "I'm having a baby." Second update: "I really liked my jello bath." Third update: "I'm hungry!" I can't believe the woman is IN LABOR AT THE HOSPITAL and she's still updating us! What a woman! She also mentions that she and Keith are making a funny video for us. James said, "It won't be so funny for long!"

Nick and Tiffany-Ann are going to Cancun for a week over Thanksgiving. ¡Soy celoso!
¿Usted me tomarĂ¡ con usted?

Guess what I have on my computer now? Photoshop!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi girl
just looking at blogs while im contracting. No worries here....
Boy, hearing about that resaurant is sheer torture!
Aloha