Monday, November 13, 2006

Announcement!

No, we're not having a baby.

...but we have come to a decision.

This summer, James and I are planning to move to Spokane, Washington.

Some of you know that Spokane kinda creeps me out. It does. I will admit that. The creepiness is a little hard to explain... like maybe Spokane is full of ghosts or something.

So why have we decided Spokane? Well, despite the mysterious ghosty feeling, Spokane fits (most) every criteria James and I have for a place to live. It's still in the Northwest, which means both the ocean and much of our family is near... it's small enough that the city doesn't have huge problems, but it's big enough that it doesn't have super small town problems, and there are job opportunities for both of us. Also, it's near CdA, and I have a support system there as well. We like outdoorsy things, and the area's full of them... plus, Canada isn't too far away, so if we have to leave the country in a hurry, that won't be too hard. Oh, and a MAJOR incentive: housing prices are super cheap, but the houses are super perfect for us. Larger lots (yay! gardening space!), cute turn-of-the-century houses, lots of parks nearby. Hardwood floors abound, as do big garages/shops for James. So... let's hope I can find a job!











PS: Why don't they pronounce it Spoh-cane? (Rhymes with "insane")

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out East, it is Spoke KANE. Remember JFK? Remember the time we forgot to check you into SLC instead of Spoke Kane? And your luggage was headed north, but you weren't, and they were nice about it and pulled your luggage? And we saw the mouse in the waiting area? Ah, the fun we had commuting. Good luck with the Spokane move.

Amberlynn said...

I know the creepy feeling... we always said it was because Spokane is the birthplace of cerial killers. (Isn't it spelled differently? Cerial, I mean.)

There is fun to be had there, though. Congrats on the decision.

Anonymous said...

I have decided that I am going to learn to fly...

Spokane aint so bad, good resturants.

Stargirl said...

Learn to fly? Craig, you already know how. It's like riding a bike--you just have to find your balance.

I'm glad it's not just members of my family that understand the creepiness of Spokane. The serial killers comment was spot on.

Every day, I get on to Spokane real estate sites and search for houses in the South Hill area. The same houses pop up on every site, the same beautiful darlings that I would snatch up, but I check every day just in case I missed one. It's like opening the fridge for the eighth time when you've already seen all the food in there, but expect something else. (That's the definition of "crazy," actually--doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.)

Emily said...

How exciting. When will this move happen??? I'm happy for you both and it sounds like a good place. I've only been once but i liked it :)

connectedlight said...

im sorry, WHAT?????!!!!! we need to talk.

Anonymous said...

looks lovely, but if you notice, Spokane is very far off in the distance. Let's see a closeup of some of Spokane's finest highlights.