Sunday, November 02, 2008

*I was excited this morning when I discovered it wasn't too cloudy out to take pictures. I finished the book I was reading, then headed out - only to realize I'd forgotten to take my medicine, and before I'd taken 10 shots I was too sick to continue and had to come home. Then, it got cloudy. I was upset.

*Last Friday helped confirm Laurie and I's suspicions that I am a magnet for student trouble. A fight was in the midst of breaking out (shoving but no punches yet) a few yards from my classroom, so I broke it up. It's funny how my mind goes directly to my de-escalation and restraint training from Northwest. Sounds totally cheesy, but if you play mind tricks on them it works. I broke this particular one up by telling the bigger kid just how much I care about him.

*James and I have had a totally relaxing weekend. I read my books, and he got a new game. Also, we watched Interview With a Vampire, which neither of us had seen in a while. Funny, because I just finished the Twilight series again, and I realize how much of Interview Stephenie Meyers ripped off. I'm a little disappointed.

*Totally not ready for school this week, but I keep reminding myself that I have a four-day weekend after that. Woot! James and I have anniversary plans, which pleases me immensely.

1 comment:

Skye said...

oooh, that's right! Happy Anniversary!