Saturday, April 26, 2008

So, pending the results of several blood tests, I will begin receiving B12 injections.

B12 is only absorbed in the ilium, the very last part of your small intestine. Mine hasn't been working properly for several years now, so it's a good thing your body stores LOTS of B12 - enough to last you a year or so with little deficiency. Unfortunately, due to my poor absorption in the past and the complete lack of ilium now, my reserves have reached their end. Symptoms of B12 deficiency include poor memory (James will vouch for this one), chronic fatigue, muscle fatigue, sleepiness, and stress. Oh, and some pretty bad neurological disorders that I won't mention. Fortunately, personal anecdotes and online research have shown that even a day after the first injection, my stress will decrease, I'll have SO much energy, and my memory will start coming back. Woot!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

WOW! Poor memory? Maybe I need more too. Seriously. It sounds like that's a great supplement. I hope it helps. Let me know!!!

Anonymous said...

This is James Aunt Susan and I just wanted to let you know I found your blog and enjoyed reading it. I'm sorry you have had more than your share of health problems this year. i will look forward to reading your blog and feel like it will help keep me in touch with you and James and what's happening in your lives. I am not very tech savvy but was impressed that Ron got a site up. That is how I found your link. keep posting. Your pictures are great! also, if you are interested, my daughter Melissa has a blog. Hers is: melswheels.blospot.com
Several of the other cousins are linked to hers if you want to check their sites out. Take care!