Tuesday, April 01, 2008

My mum works for the American Museum of Natural History, as many of you know. About two weeks ago, we were chatting on the phone when she casually asks me if I know who Stephen Colbert is. Uuuummm, yeah, one of my favorite shows. Irreverence + politics = greatness. I don't think she had ever heard of him before, 'cause she then said, "I think he has a show."
Anyway, she then explains that he was at the museum's water exhibit filming a bit for his show and that they ended up chatting and that "he's a really nice guy!"
At any rate, I watched The Colbert Report's show on water last night, and let me tell you, the curator that he was interviewing had the most tragic lack of sense of humor I've ever seen. Sorry, Mom, if you know this lady. I'm sure she's very professional. But if you are going to be interviewed on national television, the least you could do is some research about WHO is interviewing you. Stephen Colbert has NEVER done a serious interview. This one was painful and hilarious at the same time. Please, enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They prepared for this interview, Aud. She did a great job of being the straight man for him. He wandered around Water for about a half an hour, studying his notes for the interview. They did a great job of acting spontaneous, though. He really putts that Northwestern drama degree to work.

Miss L said...

Yeah, I thought that even if I knew who he was I would want to pretend like I didn't. I don't know how she kept from laughing, though, I'd be losing it!