Friday, October 20, 2006

All's well

Update: One of the kids apologized to me very nicely, and we're a-okay now. The other kid's mom never showed up--the principal (a large black man) spoke to her, and apparently she wanted to turn it into a racial issue, and he told her that she wasn't to talk to me unless he was present at the meeting. That was enough to deter her from coming in, so the meeting never happened. Her son tried his hardest to ignore me yesterday, which was fine, but I taught today so he was sort of forced to interact, but it seems just fine. I think (knock on wood) it's behind us now.

I taught today--my own lesson, etc. etc., and my supervisor came in and observed me. Fortunately, the class he came in to observe is the most well-behaved class. They were great! We made rafts out of straws and tape and floated pennies on them. The group with the most buoyant raft won candy. It was pretty fun... and Kristin (my cooperating teacher) sees improvement with my mad skillz.

No comments: