Monday, June 22, 2009

So, tomorrow we move, and then the next morning I'm off to the east coast.
On the to-do list before I go:
*finish packing for moving (I type this at 1 am)
*um, move all the junk (we did hire movers)
*finish up things at school
*update my iPod. This is the most important on the list.

On the to-do list this week:
*sushi!
*MoMA!
*new sandals in Chinatown. I can't resist $5 sandals.
*NY bagel. My friend Liz went to NY and neglected this delight. I mourn for her.
*drive to Maine with my parents to see my sister and her family.
*study for the Praxis. Guh!!!
*take lots of pictures

I will miss my guys and my little girl. The boy skunk has needed lots of comforting lately, and will need even more after tomorrow. I worry that they'll think James moved without me, since I'll be gone for a week the day after we move. I would feel guilty, even, leaving now (due to the moving) if it weren't that I planned the trip before we knew we were moving.

6 comments:

Danika said...

If you get a chance, I highly recommend Rice to Riches on 37 Spring Street in the Chinatown/Soho area. They sell rice pudding which I know sounds gross but it is SO good! It's like ice cream only lighter and healthier for you. My sister and I are seriously going back to NYC just for this place.

Have fun in NYC!!! As weird as it sounds, it's kind of nice knowing you'll be in our corner of the country even if we don't get to see you!

Anonymous said...

See you tommorrow, Aud. Call us tonight for sure--we have some details about your arrival to share. Travel safely! NY awaits you. Dad is the sushi king, you know. As for bagels, you know where to go. Pick a Bagel is the best.

Liz(Byday) said...

Have tons of fun!!!!
go to Kid Robot
# 118 Prince Street
# New York, NY 10012
http://www.kidrobot.com/content.cfm?section=nystore
Eat great food for me. Look at good art (cool video instalation at the MoMA.

YEY!!

Stargirl said...

A) Rice pudding is one of the most delightful treats ever, and I love it, and I will be going
B) Thanks for the address, Liz!

Paul and Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul and Susan said...

Have a great trip. I'll be looking forward to your pictures and comments when you get back.