Thursday, October 04, 2007

Turn away, those weak-stomached!

I'm home sick--a rare occurrence for a teacher. My voice is barely working, and even though I'm still functioning, the others told me I should take the day off and sleep in and watch cheesy tv shows. I'll take that.

*Do not read below if you get grossed out easily*
Unrelated news--last Saturday I inhaled a string. The resulting coughing fit caused so much pressure to my head that it caused a subjunctive hemorrhage.... which means that the capillaries in my eyes burst and bled between my eyeball and the thin, clear film that covers it. The picture below will help gross you out. It doesn't really hurt, but it's been a handy tool to win instant street cred with the boys at the school.










Don't worry, it'll go away in a week or two. No doctors needed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need chicken soup. I'll send you some hot chicken noodle soup. Wait a minute. That might not work. Here are some pretend noodles, though. llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll and a chicken bone O---O Get better soon.

Jason and Emily said...

WHOA! Just in time for Halloween, sicko!

Inhaled a string? Now that's a story to tell!

Emily said...

Eeuw gross - Thats so cool! You could say that you were just late-night scuba diving (you know, with your spare time) and that's how your eye popped. Of course, inhaling a string is incredibly funny now that I think of it. How did that happen?

I hope you feel better soon ;)

Tamara said...

gross


but cool

Gage & Jessica said...

You are weird. I am deleting your link from my blog's homepage. Get help. j/k

Anonymous said...

i was sleepwalking and i fell and this happened to my eye huhuhuhu cool story