Sunday, July 01, 2007

And here they are!

Hubby and I went to Yellowstone, Island Park, and Driggs for a week. First, we stayed with seven of my college friends at a cabin in Island Park. Two of those days, we drove into Yellowstone (it's only about 30 minutes away).

This is us on our last day of vacation in Driggs. James got to meet my grandparents for the first time, and he now understands what the big deal is when I talk about Driggs.









Hubby had the fantastic idea of having an "Iron Chef" contest amongst ourselves. This would guarantee great food. It was only because of Janeal that there was even a prize (which I won, btw, not like I'm rubbing it in or anything).
This is me making sushi the first night we were there.









And Hubby and I in front of the Firehole River, one of our first stops in the Park.









From left: Steve, Brent, Danica, Janeal, Dave, Katrina, Blair, me, Hubby. We stopped to look at some really beautiful falls.









These are the really beautiful falls, with Blair and Katrina.









Brent and Danica at Great Fountain Geyser.












Brent and Danica again, only not kissing. They're preparing themselves to enjoy my most delicious sushi. They were also part of our "Iron Chef" team, and made a most scrumptious dessert--brownie with caramel and walnuts oozing in the middle.









Brent, on the boardwalk over the Grand Prismatic Spring.












The mud pots: majestic, beautiful, stinky. And they make funny farting sounds.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Great Pix Aud. Looks like a wonderful trip.
btw, you have quite a talent for wire jewelry! you could sell those beauties....