Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Pictures, finally!










On the 9th, I was fortunate enough to take a few students on a hike up Horsetail/Ponytail Falls. Bill Maher was the saint who drove the short bus for us, and sponsored the trip. Without him, it wouldn't have happened. Nor would I have these pictures, so... thank you, Bill!









Along the way, we stopped at a little dripping waterfall/spring. The moss was soft and cool, and we took a few moments to cool our faces off in the water. I think I was talking about water tables when this picture was taken. I think the kids look bored, but I could tell they were deep in thought, absorbing all the priceless jewels of wisdom I was bestowing upon them.










Here we are in the cave under Ponytail Falls.
Left to right: Lauren, Emma, Ashley, Nicole.
Ashley's the one who drew the skunkie drawing on the upper righthand side of this blog. She sprinkled little skunkies and moles in her notes, which I found while grading her notebook. I was delighted.

No comments: