Saturday, June 30, 2007

Gettin' your nerd on










James and I just got back from Yellowstone with my college buddies and seeing Grandma and Grandpa. James had never been to Driggs, and it was great to spend a couple days there.

While with the BYU crew, we held an "Iron Chef" contest. The goal was to have great food every day, not necessarily to win a prize. But, while we're on the topic--I won the prize! Well, technically, so did James and Brent and Danica, as we were all on the same team. But I fixed most of the main course (sushi), so I ended up with the apron.
On the apron is a star, an atom, a spoon, and a bear. Sometimes, it's best not to ask.













These are some great classroom/geek finds from Yellowstone and Driggs.
This one's a slice of Thunderegg.












Dinosaur poop! Quite a nice specimen, too.












Here's a fossil (duh), pyrite (fool's gold), and purple mica.












On the drive back, I picked up a "Wire Jewelry" magazine. I got inspired, and completed these this afternoon.























Also of note: Toby was healthy and happy to see us. Kadra did an awesome job with him, and I heard he cuddled and played with her, so I know he was happy. Good surprises were also waiting in the mail: a check for car insurance reimbursement, my first paycheck from the school district, and the car payoff money from our insurance. I didn't think I'd see that one for quite a while. Woohoo!

Yellowstone pics on their way. Must filter through Photoshop first. :)

1 comment:

Jason and Emily said...

Um, wow!!!!