Saturday, April 14, 2007

Once upon a time, in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho...


In high school, I had a friend named Josh Montreil. He was a fantastic artist. In Senior English one day, he whipped this baby out in about 10 minutes. I'm not sure where the final draft went (it was in ink, and involved a gruesome scene with white-out) but I liked this one better anyway.

In case you can't decifer the dialogue, it goes like this:
"The blessedly brief adventure of Audrey, wanna-be Queen of the Universe!
...Once upon a time in the village of Coeur d'Alene, in the kingdom of Idaho...
...there lived a poor comic book artist named Josh...

One day, Josh was minding his own business, when suddenly...'I am AUDREY...QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE!'...an annoying pixie bust in...

...and Josh said... "Holy freakin' bloody motherlovin'sweet merciful CRAP!"

"You seem to be an artist, Draw me a comic starring me!"
"...I must be drunk..."

Josh tried to ignore Audrey, but everywhere he went, she popped up and went off about how she was the Queen and must be drawn.

"DRAW ME" "Shut up" "DRAW ME" "Shut up" "DRAW ME" "Shut up"

Suddenly, Josh had an idea! "She's just a drawing!" So he got an eraser.

"NO!"

And he lived happily ever after.


I like the part about being a pixie.

Once a Queen of the Universe, always a Queen of the Universe... right James?

1 comment:

Tamara said...

that's awesome Your Highness!!!