Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I HAVE A JOB

Yay!
The past two weeks have been a crazy rollercoaster of job offers, interviews, school visits, job offer declines, and this evening: job offer acceptance. I was offered a job in Anchorage, Alaska--James and I wanted it, but no pet skunks allowed. :( Corbett, then, sounded perfect (the school owns 13 acres in the mouth of the Columbia river--and they're building a mini observatory to house their new telescope. They wanted me to teach the Astronomy class. Suh-weet!), and I had my heart set on it. Then I interviewed (and subsequently was offered a job) with MACA--the brand new Media Arts and Communications Academy down in McMinnville. Next year will be their first year. It's a small charter school that focuses on integrating all subject areas and technology. In the end, that's what I chose. It's exciting to be part of the process of creating a school--I feel like I'll be part of a real team, and the school will be small (which I like). I feel fortunate that I even had the choice between two fantastic schools that both seemed right for me. Never did I hope that I could find a job in a small school with proper funds and really great support--but everything came together, and I'm so thankful.
Check out MACA...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice going, Congrats! Small ponds offer the chance to do things big ponds don't.

Miss L said...

congrats! that sounds so awesome. I'm sure you'll love it, and they'll absolutely love you :)

Tamara said...

That looks like a REALLY great place! Congratulations on the offer. But even more importantly, congrats on making a tough decision!! Are you going to move closer or just have a long commute?

Emily said...

Congratulations Audrey!
This looks wonderfull and Im glad you were able to choose.
What a smarty-pants you are!
:)

Jason and Emily said...

Wow, this is awesome. Truly. I can't wait to hear more as it unfolds. I'm in the middle of job interviews right now.

Congratulations, Audrey... (even though it's been weeks now!) You have worked so very hard to put yourself in the right place at the right time for such an incredible opportunity.

Stargirl said...

Thank you, everyone.

I'm feeling very overwhelmed and excited at the same time...