Saturday, January 02, 2010

I'm really excited about this year. My New Year's Resolution is to try at least two new things a month... I wanted to do one new thing a week, but since I'm a teacher, weeks fly by and I'm super busy, and didn't want to feel like a failure if I let a week or two slip by. So, I figured two a month is reasonable.

I've already got my first one! I used my home-made laundry detergent for the first time today. Sheets are in the dryer, so I'll see in a bit how it did. It was super easy to make, but I think I'll make the liquid kind next.














This resolution stems from my enjoyment over trying new things in the last few months. I just keep stumbling upon good opportunities. Last week, for instance, I ate goat for the first time ever. Hubby and I went to our favorite Indian place for lunch (they have the world's best Indian buffet), and they had goat curry. It was super good and I kinda wish I had gotten more (it was just a little taste). Ah well.

Future "new" things to try:
*Possibly an Administrative License program
*Again, different sushi every time I go
*Making my own pasta (Mom, can I have the chicken noodle soup recipe?)

Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Danika said...

For a minute I thought the photo was supposed to be of your homemade laundry detergent.

I recommend striking up a conversation with a stranger. There are a lot of people who could use a little friendliness now and again.

Stargirl said...

Ah, so true.
Maybe I could ask them why my laundry smells like curry?

Iron Chef Boyardee said...

Or you could get stabbed by the crazy guy for making eye contact.

Paul and Susan said...

I wish I was as adventuresome as you!

Gage & Jessica said...

Your comment on our blog reminded me of the website you're doing it wrong. I know you know it... but I don't think my picture would qualify. There is some funny stuff on that site...

I personally don't talk to strangers- unless they are hanging out of a white van in a clown suit and offering candy.

Stargirl said...

Ooo! Those kinds of strangers are the best kind. Their candy makes me forget time for a while, and I'm always waking up in strange places!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!