Thursday, April 02, 2009

Guh, I'm totally sick again (worse than ever this time), and miserable, and out of it. A few days ago I even dug out my stash of Vicodin from last year because my sore throat/coughing was keeping me and Hubby up... only five left, but the doctor gave me a new prescription today (I was also glad that I had made the right call with the Vidocin, considering she wanted me to continue it. Oh, Vicodin, my best friend!). I did luck out, though - after I went in to work and realized that I can't effictively teach with zero voice (hardly a whisper), I managed to find a sub for the afternoon. Then, my doctor just happened to have an opening at 11. Good news: not strep, but definitely something nasty, and she says if it continues to get worse I need to go to the ER. Gah!

Side note: it's embarrassing running around in public with no voice. Trying to get someone's attention? Forget it. Filling a prescription? They think you're a junkie. This checkout lady at Fred Meyer's self-check-out was so incredibly rude/condescending to me, and I really wanted to tell her off, but I couldn't! Torture, I tell you.

The kids are being super sweet about it though. I love my kids.

3 comments:

russia boy said...

I am sorry your sick! You are Danika need to start a club. She has been sicker than a dog for a while now. I hope you feel better soon!

Danika said...

Like she said, I was sick for over a month and ready to throw myself off a bridge just to be out of the misery. I never got to the Vicoden point though, that stuff just doesn't sit well with me. Neither does Codeine or Percoset.

I hope you can crawl into a warm bed, close your eyes and disappear from the world for a while...

Paul and Susan said...

Sorry to hear you are so sick. I never thought about the frustrations of not having a voice and trying to do simple things like go to the store. I am lucky, I have never lost my voice. Take care and I hope you have plenty of sick days you can use.