Tuesday, April 14, 2009

do yourself a favor

...and listen to Heavy Metal Drummer, by Wilco. Actually, listen to this whole album. Several times. I've had it for years, and I've never gotten sick of it, not once. Also, become familiar with the song "Jesus, etc." Video below.



...and I link this next one for two reasons: first, you get to listen to "Heavy Metal Drummer." Second, this was clearly made by five punk teenage boys, but it has good production value for highschoolers. Seriously, I can only hope my kids will be able to pull something like this off. I genuinely enjoyed watching it. Also, we at the school have already begun discussions about some sort of music-video contest. This is an exemplar.



3 comments:

Amberlynn said...

Agreed. Ditto. Yes. Well Said. Amen.

Fantastic album.

Liz(Byday) said...

YEY! music video contest. I heart making music videos.

Paul and Susan said...

Definitely entertaining.