Wednesday, November 07, 2007

New Post

My doctor told me this morning that she wants me to quit eating chocolate.

My tests were all pretty inconclusive, so she wants me to have a caffeine-free diet for a while and see if my PVCs (Premature ventricular complexes) get any better. Other than that, she says my heart seems great.

In other news: It was nice to take the day off. I needed that. And Friday, it's a "grading day" so... no students! And no school on Monday (happy early Anniversary, Hubby!)! I can't believe the school year is already 1/4 done. The past 9 weeks have FLOWN by! And I've really got to start planning my Psychology class, as it starts next week. Gulp! I'm excited, really.

Fuzzy pink slippers have become one of my new best friends.

And I finally broke out the oil paint set that Hubby gave me (almost a year ago, he was quick to add). To be honest, I'm very intimidated by oils.

Skunkie is as affectionate as ever. He slept in the crook of my arm last night.

School has kind of hit a low with me, and I've responded by developing a thick skin of apathy. I don't want to become one of those teachers.

9 comments:

Gage & Jessica said...

Chocolate is a tough sacrifice. I imagine you will be creative in finding another equally amative delectable in no time at all!

Jason and Emily said...

But I thought your middle name was chocolate. I have memories of you pulling out little bits of doves dark chocolate out of a purse that had political pins stuck to it. Well, I guess people change names. Your new middle name can be...what, apples? carrots? Pink slippers? Audrey Pink Slippers Wright.

I'm also intimidated by oils. Let me know how it goes and maybe you can give me support.

kaarina said...

i have pvc's. it was very alarming at first, but now is much less significant than sneezing. unless you talk to any insurance company, they think i could keel over any day.

i want forrest to stop eating chocolate, too, but it's not gonna happen.

audrey, i feel sure the apathy is a stage, i absolutely can't imagine you being one of THOSE teachers. uh-uh. no way.

Skye said...

I think I would punch a doctor who told me not to eat chocolate and then I would run screaming from the room.

I'm intimidated by watercolors and acrylic. Oils are about the only thing I'm comfortable with. They're so forgiving!

Emily said...

This reminds me of when I was pregnant and my doctor said "maybe you should lay off the ice cream"
!!!!!!!!!!!!
humpf - that wast was more like altering a faith than a lifestyle!

Stargirl said...

Proudly, I have not had an ounce of chocolate since I saw my doctor. This has not helped my sugar habit, though... "Oh, poor me, I can't have chocolate... maybe this apple pie will help me feel better..."

Jason and Emily said...

You people! I especially like the image of Skye punching a doctor and running. And Emily with folded arms saying, "humph!" Ok, and Stargirl with droopy sad lips looking at the chocolate, then getting a wide eyed "oh boy!" look when she discovers pie.

Stargirl said...

You know me too well!

Tamara said...

i love this. makes me miss my fuzzy pink slippers.

hmmm... now i want some chocolate ice cream.