Sunday, July 30, 2006

This week I shocked my classmates.
Most of them knew little about meth, so I enlightened them using grotesque pictures of "meth mouth" and rotting arm flesh. My professor LOVED it. She even joined in the presentation!













I went back to work last week. Only on Saturdays, so it won't interfere too much with my schoolwork, and this is really just an experiment. I just missed the kids too much, so I marched into Dan's office and told him I was going back to work. He really didn't have a choice, since I totally rock that place. So far, I've had an overwhelmingly positive welcome from both clients and staff... so it's been very rewarding, just the two days I've worked so far.
Emily, you've been a huge presence in my life lately. Not only am I reminiscing about your old group (Mike and I had a talk about it today, too!) and our rides to and from work, but I had the privilege of sitting in on Paul's fire circle today, and what wonderful feelings came to me! You've always placed wonderful words on the wind.














I also rediscovered a whole bunch of music that I had on my college computer that James cracked open and managed to transfer to my current computer. I had music in three or four different places. That's how organized I am. At any rate, I found between 150 and 200 songs, and it's great to have that music back! I'm listening to "Clubbed to Death" by Enigma from the Matrix soundtrack. I love that song.


And you, my wonderful hubby. Thank you for your love, patience, and dedication.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite photo of you two. Were was it taken, and who took it?

Stargirl said...

You or Dad took it on the Battle Road!
I like it, too.

Anonymous said...

No kidding? Now I remember that. You must have been having FUN!

Jason and Emily said...

wow, this is news! Back to NWBHS! Thank you so much for telling me that I was with you. Man, after a year I still miss those kids. Ask Paul! I cried like a baby when he came to visit and he told me about his fire circles. Loving you, Emily