Friday, June 16, 2006

Whirlwind tour

Pictures really don't convey the sort of fun we had... but at least they'll give you an idea of where we went.




















This is a statue across the street from the stock exchange, shown below.
















Aren't we having fun? It's only 11 AM and we've already been in a car, a train, and a boat, and we've seen the Statue, Ellis Island, south Manhatten, the Brooklyn Bridge, the Staten Island Ferry, and Wall Street.































This is a view of the Statue and Ellis Island from the Esplanade, south Manhatten, where we'd catch the ferry back to Hoboken, New Jersey. This is the view coming FROM Hoboken, earlier that morning:















I decided we ought to take the more expensive, yet more entertaining, ferry as opposed to the subway. It took us all the way around the southern tip of the city... something I make a point to do every time I'm in town, and I knew James would appreciate it as much as I do.











And we made new friends! Seems like New Yorkers have replaced half the pidgeon population with finches. Much cuter. I wanted to name them.

No comments: