Friday, June 16, 2006

Boston?

On Saturday and Sunday, my parents drove us up to Boston. We saw where Paul Revere rode, and visited the Battle Road where the Battle of Lexington-Concorde was fought that sparked the Revolution. Old stuff is dope.

Near the battle sites, there's an old cemetery:










In it is buried Nathanial Hawthorne...










And Ralph Waldo Emerson...















And Thoreau, and Alcott... But no Walt Whitman, alas.

Here is James sitting by the Old North Bridge, where the Lexington-Concorde battle began.















The river was so swollen! This sign reads, "Follow path to Visitors center" + arrow. Uhhh... no thank you. I'll go around.




















James and I standing on the Battle Road...















On Sunday, we were going to make a quick run to see Fenway Park (no scheduled game), and then do a historic tour downtown... but serendipidously, the Sox were having a make-up game! Yay! What great luck!






























I'm glad my super hubby got to see a game in Fenway Park. I had a blast! We had hot dogs and ice cream in little helmet cups. Did you know Fenway still has the original wooden seats?

No comments: