Friday, June 16, 2006

I took a 6-hour nap today...

...because my poor body was so tired from running around for a week! The fun I had in New York was worth it, though.
My parents live in the Hudson River Valley (art buffs: Hudson River School's Frederick Church's estate is not far from them), about an hour and a half northwest of the city. They take the train in. And while it is a long commute, the views make it more manageable:















After the train stopped in Hoboken, New Jersey, we had to take another train into the city or take a ferry over. By the time we got to the city, we were starving! I introduced James to a fabulous place called Pick-A-Bagel. Don't let the name fool you, friends... they serve a kajillion things! The bagels are still my favorite, though... you can't find anything as good on the west coast, sadly.



















We went to Chinatown, one of my favorite places to visit.






























Aren't these lychees beautiful!?




















This is the restaurant we ate lunch at. I had sweet and sour duck with peppers, pineapple, and lychees. Oh oh oh so good!!

And Little Italy was great, of course. We got gelato in a little shop... I got pistachio gelato--I've never had pistachio ice cream before! Yum!

You know you're in Little Italy when...





































So much cheese!!!

















And of course, Central Park. I took off my shoes and we cuddled on a hill. The weather was perfect!

4 comments:

Emily said...

These pix are Fab!!!!
Thank you for posting them and sharing your trip.
It sounds wonderful:)

Jason and Emily said...

I love it. But where are the pics of you? I want more ideas from you on where I should go when I'm in New York in August.

Anonymous said...

oh, Audrey, these pictures bring back so many memories of our trip! what an amazing city. and you were a fantastic hostess!

Stargirl said...

Oh thank you! I have vivid memories of you and Andy and I in little Italy, and staring at people in the restaurant by the Guggenheim, and of course, Philip Seymour Hoffman!