Wednesday, March 01, 2006

thank you!

First: Thank you, my brilliant friend Blair (when have I ever called you brilliant? Cherish this moment! ha ha), for introducing me to the Chernobyl site. For those of you unfortunate enough to NOT know Blair and to have never visited his blog, I shall share with you the website to which I am referring. http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/chapter1.html
In five minutes of browsing Elena's travelogue, I learned more about Chernobyl than I ever knew before. Terribly interesting, terribly sad.

Also, thanks to those of you who helped James and I move... namely, Gage and Paul. You made our lives a little easier!

And finally, thank you, world, for giving me little gifts every day as I commute to and from work. Like the guy with the groceries and the clown nose, and the girl looking up at the tree, and the person with the huge pinwheel... I hope others see these things too!

5 comments:

paul said...

Incredible website about Chernobyl. I stayed up late last night mesmerized. I want to go on a motorcycle trip through a nuclear wasteland too! WOW.

Blair said...

I don't think I've ever been called brilliant on a blog before. Thanks! :)

Iron Chef Boyardee said...

Irony: I blogged about her Chernobyl site a year ago... and my own wife didn't notice it :P

Stargirl said...

I wasn't your wife then, silly. ...and if I remember correctly, we weren't exactly on the best terms a year ago!

Blair said...

Come to think of it, I think I saw the Chernobyl site on James' blog, and that's when I decided to post on it. Funny.

I hope I'm still brilliant.