Saturday, June 12, 2010


So.

I've been MIA for a while. I'm not even sure if anyone actually visits here anymore. Hello, if you're here!

This year I'm taking my goals/New Year's Rez/myself a little more seriously. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't also recognize that I'm one of the silliest girls in Oregon, but I'm reminding myself that I don't always have to be the silliest.

My latest "new" things include learning how to shoot a rifle and handguns (...You know, just in case I'm being chased by a bear who is also in the Yakuza. What's the appropriate weapon of defense? One must be prepared for these things).

I also walked on hot coals. (I guess this prepares me to run through a forest fire being chased by a Yakuza bear.) Seriously though, I really did walk through a bed of hot coals with bare feet. Twice! Now I feel like I can do absolutely anything.

School's almost out. Thursday is the last day with kids, and Friday is my last day. Tomorrow through Tuesday I'll be in the woods chaperoning Junior Retreat. Actually, the location is even closer to me than the school is, which is pretty convenient since James has to deliver me the season premiere episode of True Blood as soon as he can get it. That means I'll see it Monday if at all possible. I am so addicted to that show. Then, on Wednesday, I have an all-day meeting with the superintendent of the school district, which will be... um... interesting? Scary? I'm unsure at this point. I can't be scared, because I've walked on hot coals and nothing scares me. But she is intimidating. I honestly don't know what to expect. At least there will be four of us and I don't have to do much talking. Oh! And MACA graduated its first Seniors on Wednesday. It was beautiful.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Always fabulous to hear what's going in your world. Sara is a blog stalker so we've got our eye on you. :) Love the guns, bear chase, and walking on hot coals. Good stuff. Was that a metaphor or were you really walking on hot coals? Jk - I saw the picture. Good luck w/ the superintendent on Wednesday. May your meeting be about a big fat raise for you!

Paul and Susan said...

You are very adventuresome! I wish I was so brave.

Gage & Jessica said...

Since you are looking at guns, check out the Taurus Judge. It is a handgun that also shoots shotgun shells. Youtube it. The Judge.

Stargirl said...

James sees your Judge and raises you a Magnum Research BFR. Although, he says the Judge would be pretty handle-able. I have weak arms and they would both give quite a kick. I'd probably punch myself in the eye.