Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Christmas Wishes!

Three things I wished for:
*extra time off to make up for last year
*good health
*lots of snow

I got them all! I even went to the doctor to get my first ever comprehensive physical. Even though I still have the weird heart arrhythmia, I'm in pretty good shape. And since we had the entirety of last week called off from school due to weather, I got an extra 50% Winter Break! That's a great deal. (It's not free, however - in mid-June I will be cursing the snow when we have five extra days, I'm sure.)
It's been many years since I've seen this much glorious snow. Most of you know I'm an Idaho girl so winter isn't winter without a nice thick layer of it. That's one of the few things I actually miss from Idaho/Utah. I really really love the snow. Really. So the last few years I've put up with the rain and appreciated the dusting we've gotten. But this week! Right now, there's a good 6+ inches on the ground - in Newberg. There's much more in McMinnville. I'm tempted to fetch a sled and head down there but I'm afraid Hubby will chain me to the house if I try to drive out there. My argument is always that I got my driver's license in December in northern Idaho, so I'm a pro, right?

Unfortunately, Newberg does lie in a valley and the only way out to civilization (i.e., away from Newberg or McMinnville) is up a big hill and that thing is pretty icy and I don't trust other drivers, so we've been pretty much holed up down here.
In other news, the skunkies have been delighted to have James and I at home this week. This is Toby sleeping in. He's a bedhog.

And Aroma likes to squeeze herself down the front of our shirts. She just dives in there and she'll wiggle her way in regardless if you want her there or not. One time I tried to give her to James and she dived inbetween the buttons on the front of my shirt, and clung on when I tried to pull her out. It's hilarious and adorable.

And since it's been snowing nonstop, I haven't taken my camera out for fear of it getting wet. So these were taken from the stoop this afternoon, when we still only had about 3-4 inches.

5 comments:

russia boy said...

Beautiful pics Aud! I am glad you got all three of your Christmas Wishes...

Danika said...

LOL, I thought Brent had a hairy chest... I love James!

Anonymous said...

It's snowing like crazy here in Seattle--we're not going anywhere! We probably have 6-8 inches by now. No plows in this town so we are stuck.

Stargirl said...

Yeah, I guess it's either good news or bad news that you're on vacation, depending on how you look at it. Did you have to cancel plans to travel to San Fran?

Gage & Jessica said...

How could we not love this post? Lots of snow over there... Jessica loves the stuff and I grew up in it so I wouldn't mind if it just stayed up in the mountains.