Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Skunk Update

Aroma is fitting in very well in her new home. We think that Toby, actually, has had the hardest time adjusting - he sulked for a few days, then they had hidey-hole wars, and now they've reached a compromise and both share the prime hidey spot (under the bathroom sink). When it's time for bed, Toby takes his usual spot next to me, and Aroma usually climbs around the bed for a minute or two, unwilling to commit to snuggles - until last night, when she flopped down across my feet. Then, little by little, she wiggled her way up through the blankets until she was wedged between Toby and I, and promptly fell asleep. It was adorable. She follows us all around the house and steals Toby's food. This house definitely needed another female!

**Addendum:
Aroma slept with us last night, too. And again, she started at my feet, then wiggled her way up the blankets until she not only was wedged between Toby and I, but she smooshed her little head in between my cheek and the pillow. Not just a little bit, either - her whole head. Eventually, she kicked Toby out of his place under the covers, upside down, sprawled out and taking up as much room as possible.

2 comments:

Emily said...

*snickering out my nose*

Gage & Jessica said...

Jessica and I had a good laugh on this one. Memories. We are so glad she is adjusting well.