Sunday, July 27, 2008

So, we're pretty much all moved in to Newberg. We still have a few things to wrap up at our old place (since we had paid through the month, that allowed the luxury of taking things a little more slowly), but I'm feeling pretty much at home. My initial reaction to Newberg:

*Totally small town. I'm feeling a little isolated.
*I really like Oregon's wine country (Newberg is considered its "capital"). It's gorgeous. Gas prices have limited our adventuring, though. But I bet I'd like it more if I actually drank wine, not just looked at the vines.
*My commute has been shortened to 20 minutes, versus 50 a'la Tualatin. Woot!
*I miss my Old Navy, Target, Best Buy, Carl's Jr, and Claim Jumper. There aren't many food choices here, unless you're a big wine bar fan. This place is crawling with them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That part of Oregon is beautiful, Audrey. I'm glad we've driven through there enough to be able to picture you at home. Shopping is overrated anyway. Think of the money you'll save. I'm glad you're settled.

Anonymous said...

Small town, yes, but you're not far from Portland and lots of pretty nature! Enjoy the quiet and slower pace. Plus I bet you'll be so busy with work soon that you won't even notice those darn wineries everywhere. ;)
Congrats on the move and be sure to send us your address! We're moving in 5 days...ugh

Emily said...

Ah lovely! I'd trade you any day ;)

Gage & Jessica said...

They have the drive in movie theatre there, good memories!

connectedlight said...

What???? You moved?! Ahh!