Tuesday, July 01, 2008

My friend Laura posted these videos, and I just had to pass them along. She's got really terrific things on her blog, btw, and I highly recommend a browse. I imagine her sitting on YouTube for hours, finding all the old randomness it has to offer, then sharing with us. Kind of like a filter with holes only big enough for these little gems of delight to fall through.

Anyway, the first is the original "Space Oddity" video. Notice how young Bowie looks, and how low-budget it is.



I think this second video used even less money. Most of it, I imagine, went toward David's hair dye. I can picture the director saying, "Well, our budget went toward sequins and hair dye... let's get some shots of the soundboard and pretend it's in space!"

2 comments:

Miss L said...

yes, his hair dye is impressive. he also looks a little bored at some points. I really do watch youtube for hours. my tv doesn't work very well, so youtube is my substitute. maybe I should work some more book and music reviews into my blog.

thanks Audrey!

Stargirl said...

No, thank *you*! I'm glad I don't have to sort through YouTube trash to find the good stuff... I just head to your blog for instant gratification! :)