Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Designer Headgear










This morning, a student showed up to first block late with an excused note from the orthodontist. "Everything okay?" I asked.
"No, I just found out my braces stay on for another two to four months."
"Well, it could be worse. You could need headgear."
"This is true. I guess I should be thankful for that, at least."
This conversation spread to some other students in the room, with the consensus that headgear is just about the worst thing you could have to wear in high school. Some disbelieved me that people even wear headgear anymore.

Right then, we switched classes. The next thing I know one of my more "challenging" students arrives in the classroom... in headgear.

Nobody had ever seen him in it before. Total coincidence. I couldn't even look him in the face, I was trying so hard not to laugh. I had to take a "time-out" in the hallway to get it out.

No comments: