Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Still here

Well, I'm still in the hospital. The doctor said hopefully Friday or Saturday I'll be able to go home. That'll be the 2-week mark.

I did end up getting that headache, and I've spent the last couple of days laying down as flat as I can. This kind of headache doesn't respond to any kind of pain medication, even migraine stuff. Fortunately, the anti-nausea meds they've been giving me also make me super sleepy, so I've been knocked out for most of that. Yesterday I think I slept 21 hours. Highlights: I can now eat jello, and I can pee without anyone else's help. It's the little things that keep me going.

New Year's resolutions, in no particular order:
*Do yoga at least three times a week. I mean it this time.
*Plan ahead
*Take deep breaths
*Appreciate Hubby more
*Get down to 158 lbs

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am glad you are blogging again. I am sorry about the headache, but good thing about the anti-nausea meds. I have one question...where the heck were the anti-nausea meds when I came out of surgery???? I'll have to ask the doc about that :) Hang in there and hopefully, you'll be doing more than peeing on your own soon :)

Love ya! Janeal

Stargirl said...

Yeah, you'll have to kick your doctor for not giving you those. They ask how my nausea is doing every hour they come in here. They have two different kinds they offer me, too. I'm getting the idea that they don't want me throwing up!

Jason and Emily said...

yay! I like that you put your new year goals here. I'm considering it too. It's just so personal... was it hard to post here for you?

connectedlight said...

You go girl!

Skye said...

You're still in there?! Yowza.

It is nice to pee on your own, isn't it? I remember when I had my catheter after my c-section, and people would wander into my room and say, "My, you've been peeing a lot, haven't you! Har har." thanks.

Tamara said...

been praying for you and thinking lots and lots of you! what does your hospital gown look like? and how many doctors have been checking out your bootie??
:)

hope you're feeling better!

Stargirl said...

Being in the hospital has completely ridden me of all shame. Every nurse that comes in here has to pull up my gown to see my belly; an act that normally would have mortified me (especially since I had no underwear on until two days ago). I talk freely of bowel movements and oftentimes I don't realize how haphazardly my gown is falling. The gown, by the way, is a stunning green and white-striped smock made of 100% cotton, accented by green, red, and blue starbursts. There are snaps down each sleeve, which add to the glamor.