Sunday, September 13, 2009

New year!

Okay, I think I'm back.

School started last week, eerily stress-free and easy-going. James says he's not surprised all the kiddos are behaving well, polite, and doing their work without complaint - after all, this is the third year and we've spent two years working on developing that culture. However, it's about two years early by my calculations (based on other new school start-ups). Not sure how long this will last. Usually the kids are worse at the beginning of the year and you force them into submission by late October. It's really creeping me out.

I forced James to pose for some pictures a few weeks ago, as we have only a handful of us and most of those were taken sometime around when we got married. It's close to four years now so I figured it was time for an update.









I also got a car, finally... It had everything on my list, plus a few bonuses! The old one actually sold for $600, so really, we only spent $200 for that car for 2 years. Nice.









New favorites: Dutch Bro.s Skinny Carmel Lattes, hair straightener, True Blood, 30 Rock, Kozy Shack chocolate pudding, and my hand-held steam cleaner. Dragging Hubby to Lincoln City to eat at Mo's.

8 comments:

Danika said...

That is the BEST picture I have ever seen of you and James. Kudos to you!

russia boy said...

I totally agree with Danika! Fantasic pictures! I am so glad you are back to blogging. I have missed your insights.

Paul and Susan said...

I'm glad you talked James into getting the pictures. They are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Mo's. Last I was there was with you, Audrey. Miss you a lot.

Anonymous said...

And I agree about the photo and of you and James. My new favorite. Please send me a higher resolution for printing?

Stargirl said...

Oh, it's on my Flickr page. Just click on the right!

Gage & Jessica said...

About time, c'mon. I mean, welcome back.

Miss L said...

glad you're back! I need to get busy on mine...nice pics of you and your man. :)