Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's real!










This is my new classroom. I'm not finished setting it up yet, but I thought I'd share anyway. Notice the SMARTboard and mounted projector in the ceiling. My board has already earned the nickname "Sharkie." For some reason I just decided that the poster fit nicely under the SMARTboard, and now I can't imagine him anywhere else.
"Who wants to come up to Sharkie?" "Great presentation! Sharkie's proud."











Another view, looking at the back...











And from the back, to front.











This is the whole school. I'm at the farthest corner of the building; all of MACA but the library and cafeteria are housed on the second floor of a very old building. It will be nice to be able to peek out my door during passing period and see every single one of the students.










The office. Andrea, Paul, Heather, Donna, Liz, Doug and I are all in here. It's all about collaboration! And NOT killing each other.










Both Doug and I's desks are placed right at the entrance of the L-shaped office. We face each other, so I can only imagine how many staring contests we'll have. On the other hand, since we're teaching the same classes, planning together will be easy. He just ran Hood to Coast, and he's also a tennis coach, hence the clothes. We Nerdspeak to each other, since we are both very aware of our nerd-dom. The other day, we discussed binary for a good 20 minutes.

9 comments:

Kadra K. said...

audrey! i'm so glad your smartboard is named after one of our favorite sea creatures (it's so hard to choose just ONE). congratulations on your new job and school! when does school start? how many kids are going to be in your classes?

Amberlynn said...

A comic for nerds....especially of the math persuasion, (and one I read regularly and love):
http://xkcd.com/

Emily said...

It's like you're a real person
With a real job
weird...

Tamara said...

this is SO COOL! please take a picture once it's finished -- and filled with STUDENTS!!! :)
how FUN!

Anonymous said...

awesome.
dont you mean 10100 minutes?

Stargirl said...

Do you mean to say I wasn't a real person BEFORE this post?!?! Not a single day in my 11010 years of living?

Stargirl said...

Oh, and Kadra--I'm turning my SMARTboard wall into an underwater paradise. You know, because we'll all be submerged in a sea of knowledge.

connectedlight said...

audrey, just thought i would drop you a line and let you know that i believe you ROCK!!! see you on the 23rd if not before!

Jason and Emily said...

this is so cute. I was thinking of what your students would think if they saw their teacher put these pictures up on her blog. It's like we've entered "the other side..."

(teachers have feelings?)